Nature's Light


As I search for guidance in this time of trouble, I remember another time when I could not see, but found my way


I listen to forty rhythmic footsteps of the ten huskies ahead and dogsled runners swishing beneath my feet over soft, silent new snow.  A wind song whispers to the trees. I grip the sled tighter and lean forward, straining to make out striding sleddogs in the snowy, moonlit night, but it’s no use. The lamp on my head reflects twinkling beams from the white crystals into my eyes, and I cannot see through the heavy wet flakes filling the space between us.

We are far from home.

The forest creaks with silence.

I am blinded in the snow cloaked darkness.

In frustration, I switch off the artificial light. Darkness surrounds me only for a moment before transforming into a comfortable companion.  Outlines of dogs against luminescent snow come into view, and I catch the flash of loyal eyes dancing back as if to applaud me for figuring it out, this new way to see.

The snow falls faster, but the monochrome scene is clear now. The dogs are eager, questing for knowledge of what is unseen farther down the ribbon-like trail, and trees bow in gratitude for our visit.  I nod as we slide by and into the magic of nightshade as we search for sunrise;  guided by nature’s light.


Comments

  1. That was ...........its hard to put into words. It touched my heart deeply.
    Thankyou for sharing the beauty of your soul.
    Much love from Aus๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bless me with your words๐Ÿ’œ Thank you Aus

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being The Universe

Listening